My Typical Weekly Food Shop (with Recipe Ideas) - Updated

Hello there! 

I did a typical weekly food shop post about a year and a half ago when I had just started my second year of university so I felt like now was a good time to do an updated version. I am currently doing my work placement so having the option to spend slightly more on food shopping compared to when I rely on a student-budget gives me a bit more freedom about what I can buy. I usually still keep an eye on what I spend but as I am pescatarian it tends to be cheaper anyway. I do my food shopping online with Asda as it is just convenient for me but everything I have bought is available in any supermarket in case you wanted to replicate any recipe ideas. Enjoy!

The Shop:

I do one big food shop per week and this will cover all my meals for the week, including breakfasts, lunches for work and dinner. Quite often I will freeze leftover dinners since I only cook for me. 

Granola with yoghurt
and blueberries
This was everything I bought for this week: Oat milk, creme fraiche, halloumi, grated mature cheese, yoghurts, limes, blueberries, pineapple, cherry tomatoes, courgettes, mixed peppers, carrots, leeks, sweet potatoes, aubergine, mixed salad, fresh coriander , gnocchi, crab meat, red pesto, red Thai paste, granola, pretzels 

Breakfast:
I always have breakfast before I go to work otherwise I get really hungry by mid-morning. I am someone that just really likes cereal so I tend to have granola most mornings. 
At the moment, I have really been loving having granola with either yoghurt or oat milk and topping it with mixed seeds, desiccated coconut and blueberries. 

On the weekends I might have porridge with stewed fruit (depending on what I have in the freezer) or toasted sourdough if I have recently made some. 


Carrot and coriander soup
Lunch:
I bring lunch to work with me everyday as there isn't many places nearby to grab food during the day so it is just easier to bring your own (and cheaper!).

My love of soup has definitely come back recently. I went off soup for a little while as
I had my wisdom teeth removed a few months ago and that was all I could eat to begin with so I just got a bit fed up of soup. My love has now return though and I made a carrot and coriander soup this week which I froze so I could have for work whenever I fancied it. 
For this, I used: carrots, sweet potato, coriander, creme fraiche, onion, garlic, smoked paprika, veg stock. 

Halloumi and vegetable 
traybake
I also made some pasta with leftover roasted vegetables and red pesto with halloumi for an easy lunch for work. Pasta is great for work lunches since you can add whatever you have laying about at the end of the week. 
For this, I used: red pesto, 
cherry tomatoes, aubergine, courgette, 
pepper, onion, garlic, pasta, halloumi 








Sweet potato and spinach satay curry
Dinner:
My dinners vary from week-to-week but these are all meals
I have made before and always come back to as they 
are just so delicious and easy.  
These are the dinners I made this week:
  • Baked leek and tomato gnocchi with cheese sauce 
  • Crab linguine with cherry tomatoes, chili and red pesto
  • Halloumi with Mediterranean roast vegetables and sweet potatoes 
  • Sweet and sour vegetables with cashew nuts 
  • Sweet potato and spinach satay curry  
  • Vegetarian quesadillas 
  • Red Thai noodle soup

Crab linguine with pesto and 
cherry tomatoes
Sweet and sour veg with cashew nuts

I hope you enjoyed this blog post and if you would like any specific recipes from those mentioned then let me know! 

If you liked this post, visit my full blog at: 
https://littlechefbeth.blogspot.com  

Comments

Popular Posts